If you are connecting the Apple router to the Netgear range extender and facing problem in connecting it, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- To connect the extender to the apple router, use Ethernet cable and connect one end to the computer and another to the extender. If you are trying to connect it wirelessly, then disconnect all the devices from the router.
- If the only wireless network is supported by the computer, then go to the sharing menu and click to see the list of networks. The list of all the SSID’s will be displayed on the screen. Go to the Netgear Extender Setup page and enter the password if required. You can check the details of the username and password from the sticker pasted.
- After connection gets established, open the browser and enter the URL of Netgear extender.
Note: If you are getting a problem with the login, then clear the cache and cookies of your browser and enter the IP address again to login to the Netgear genie extender.
- If you are successfully login, then a new window will get opened and enter into main settings.
- Read on-screen instructions.
- Go to the ‘Web management’ page and click ‘Next’.
- Select your location.
- Tap ‘Wireless’ from the list of networks.
Important: If the SSID of your range extender is hidden or not given in the list, then unhide it from the extender settings.
- Enter the password for the wireless extender network.
- From the same page, copy the AP and paste it on location, ‘Use the same name for broadcasting the network’. If you have changed the settings from Automatic to the manual, then change settings.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Don’t forget to check the settings before submitting them online.
- Tap ‘Finish’.
Once the process gets completed, restart the extender to apply the changes. Wait for 2 minutes to get the settings configured properly.
The Range extender light and the signal light will blink for a while and then get stable. The range extender and router is now connected to the internet.
If you find any problem, you can contact the range extender experts available at the toll-free number.