Social networks are a big buzzword today. It is being launched everywhere and companies are struggling to find consultants that can help them in this new area. But the big question is: do you really need to hire a social media consultant?
The simple answer is yes, Large or small companies must hire an expert who can create a visible strategy for participation in social networks. In this social world, it is essential to have a dynamic presence in several online communities. You can even take WithEric’s Help that will guide you if you are looking to start a company.
Here are the most crucial things to look for when hiring a social media consultant.
1. Get a consultant with corporate experience
A consultant cannot claim social media experience online if he has no corporate experience. This is important because online strategies cannot be separated from general corporate objectives and interests. Therefore, your consultant must have an intimate knowledge of how companies work. So be sure to look for these qualities:
- At least 5 years of marketing experience in a corporate environment.
- Portfolio of previous commitments (corporate accounts).
- Verifiable references.
- Proven brand in several online communities (get the URL of the consultant's blog / website, Twitter ID, LinkedIn profile, Google+ profile and Facebook page).
2. Know your consultant's strategies
A real consultant will propose strategies that are in line with the objective of your company. They should provide you with a plan on how to take advantage of the following tools:
- Social networks
- Social bookmarking
- Web 2.0 Commitment
- Online forum brand
Wide search / local search optimization